A Ballet Birthday Party
Decorating and Menu Ideas
Average User Rating:
Ballerina Party Decorations
These creative ballet party decorating ideas will have all your guests feeling like they've gone to the ballet.
- Have classical music from famous ballets such as Swan Lake or The Nutcracker playing in the background.
- A canopy can be formed over the center of a table using colored streamers. Streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle to the sides of the room.
- Tie pink and white balloons to the back’s of each guest’s chair. Combine a group of balloons and tie them to the back of the birthday girl’s chair.
- Use clear twinkle lights around the party space.
- Ask your guests to wear dance leotards. When the girls arrive, give each a tutu and tiara to wear. This will make them all feel like ballerinas! Purchase the items, or make your own! To make a simple ballet tutu, just gather pink netting, and sew a strip of satin ribbon around the waist. Include enough extra ribbon on each end to create a tie in back.
- Cover the table(s) with a bright pink tablecloth. Scatter various lace doilies over the tablecloth to create an added design element or use individual doilies to create placemats for each guests’ table setting.
- Hang tulle netting from the ceiling to create a canopy over the main party table. Attach some butterflies and flowers from a craft store, and drape the netting over the chairs around the table.
- Make ballet place cards by handwriting each guest’s name using fancy cursive lettering. Make the birthday girl feel extra special by having her place card say “prima ballerina”.
- Purchase a number of pieces of plastic beaded necklaces or bracelets and use them to ring cupcakes or drink cups.
- Use flower or heart shaped-cookie cutters to make tea biscuits and sandwiches. Pink sandwiches can be created by baking bread and using a few drops of red food coloring in the dough.
Make a banner that says “Welcome to [your child’s name] Ballet Party!” and hang it near the party entrance. Check out the banners available from Birthday in a Box.
Ballerina Party Food
Ready to serve some dainty treats? consider these creative ideas:
- Prepare jam sandwiches cut with a star cookie cutter.
- Serve cut fruit in clear plastic goblets.
- Offer pink lemonade served in tea cups.
- Serve magic wand cookies! Simply prepare star-shaped sugar cookies and slide a wooden popsicle stick under each cookie before baking. Bake as usual, and frost as desired.
- Offer a plate of mini muffins in several different flavors.
- Serve crispy rice cereal treats sprinkled with pink sugar.
- Add strawberry ice cream for a cool pink treat, or try a smoothie recipe from Birthday in a Box.
- Create a Ballerina Birthday Cake by making a miniature tiered cake with a ballerina figure on top. Simply bake one 9” and one 6” round cake in your child's favorite flavor. Stack the smaller cake on the center of the larger one, and cover both layers with pink frosting. Add the ballerina figure as the cake topper. If you wish, add more decorations like colored sprinkles, or frosting piped into flower shapes.
- In addition to or in place of cake, make cupcakes for your guests. Frost them with pink icing, and add a small ballerina figure on top of each.