Disney Princess Party
Every little girl dreams of being a princess like Cinderella, Ariel, or Snow White. Turn your little girl into royalty on her big day with these Disney Princess Party ideas.
Average User Rating:
Does your child love to sing with Ariel or dance with Cinderella? Does she dream of someday meeting Prince Charming on his white horse? Then these fun and creative ideas for a Disney Princess party is perfect for your little princess in the making.
Girls ages two through seven just dream of being a Disney princess.
Disney Princess Birthday Party Planning
For peace of mind, begin planning your Disney Princess party six to eight weeks in advance. Your first decision will be where to hold your Disney Princess Party. You can throw a glamorous gala at your own home, with food and decorations that fit your theme, or you can hold your party outside your home, perhaps at a ballet studio or community center.
Once you've decided on a location, it's time to gather all the supplies that you need, including Disney Princess party decorations, gifts, and menu items. Planning ahead also gives your guests time to RSVP and make travel plans, if needed. Don't panic if you find yourself short on time; you can still plan a great party! Planning ahead simply reduces the risk of conflicts with guests' plans and may increase your party’s attendance.
Disney Princess Invitations
What better way to get in the party spirit than with homemade Disney Princess birthday invitations? Here are some creative ideas for making them:
- Cut a tiara out of pink cardstock and decorate it with plastic jewels and glitter glue. Write your party details in calligraphy.
- Fold a piece of silver cardstock in half. Cut out the shape of a glass slipper, making sure that the card still holds together at the top. On the front write “Princess [child’s name] Summons You…” in glitter pen. Write the rest of your party details inside.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a tiara that your guests can wear to the party.
- Fold a sheet of cardstock in half and paste a picture of your child’s favorite princess on the front. Write all your party details inside. Before sealing the envelope, place a little confetti in the card for a fun surprise!
Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Hear ye, hear ye, Princess [child’s name] summons you!
Please come to her birthday gala for a dance or two!
She so hopes you can be there to celebrate her big day,
Because cake will be eaten and games will be played!
Don't have time to make your own invitations? You can purchase personalized, pre-printed or blank Disney Princess party invitations.
Whichever invitation option you choose, seal your envelopes with Princess Stickers to add a final festive touch!
Disney Princess Birthday Party Supplies and Favors
If you plan to use paper tableware and Disney Princess party supplies, our Suggested Party Supply List may be quite helpful. Please note that you may not need everything on the list; it is intended only as a guide.
In addition to the basic party supplies (paper tableware, a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons) you may also want to consider renting or purchasing the following for your Disney Princess Party:
- A Disney Princess-Themed Movie, such as “Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams” (Not Rated), “Sleeping Beauty” (Rated G), or “Aladdin” (Rated G)
- An Enchanted Castle Cake Pan
- A Selection of Dress-Up Clothes
- A Collection of Disney Music or Disney Princess Party DVD
Send your adorable Disney Princess party guests home happy! You may want to combine individual favors such as costume jewelry, a princess wand, bubbles, stickers, and candy in a nice favor bag. Or, you may prefer to give one large favor instead of several small favors, such as a princess-themed DVD or a nice pair of earrings.
To save time, you may want to consider purchasing a complete Disney Princess Favor Set.