Does your child go ga-ga over Tickle Me Elmo, Elmo's World, or Elmo Live? Then these Elmo party ideas, supplies, and more are perfect for your little one.
Average User Rating:
What child doesn't love Elmo? He's cute ... happy ... funny. Whether it's "Elmo's Word" on Sesame Street or an Elmo doll that makes your child go wild, these Elmo party ideas are the perfect way to bring your favorite monster to your little one's special day.
Boys and girls ages two through seven just love an Elmo birthday party.
Elmo Birthday Party Planning
For peace of mind, begin planning your Elmo party six to eight weeks in advance. For little ones, it may be easiest to hold the party at a familiar location, such as your own home, a relative’s home, or a park you frequent often. When planning the time of the party, keep in mind that naptime schedules may need to be considered. A good time for a toddler party is between 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., which usually works around most typical naptime hours.
Once you've decided on a time and location, it's time to gather all the supplies that you need, including Elmo decorations, gifts, and menu items. Planning ahead also gives your guests time to RSVP and make travel plans, if needed. Don't panic if you find yourself short on time; you can still plan a great party! Planning ahead simply reduces the risk of conflicts with guests' plans and may increase your party’s attendance.
What better way to get in the party spirit than with homemade Elmo birthday invitations? Here are some creative ideas for making them:
- Cut a circle out of red construction paper to serve as Elmo’s head. Use colored construction paper for the details – black for a mouth, orange for a nose, and white for eyes. Write your party details in silver marker on the back.
- Have Elmo’s pet fish Dorothy give your guests the party details! Cut the shape of a fish bowl out of blue construction paper. Draw pebbles and plants on the bottom. Paste a goldfish cutout in the middle, with a bubble coming out of her mouth that includes all the party details.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to an Elmo zipper pull as a special gift to get your guests excited.
- Cut three circles out of colored construction paper. Glue them together so they overlap a bit. Punch a hole in the bottom of each circle and attach a small strand of ribbon. The finished product will resemble balloons. Decorate the two outer balloons with Elmo stickers and include the party details on the middle balloon.
Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
On Sesame Street lives a friendly monster,
He likes to giggle and has lots of red fur.
Who is it? Elmo of course! And he wants to say,
We hope you can make it to [birthday child]’s birthday!
Or, if you're short on time, purchase our personalized Fuzzy Friend Elmo invitations.
Elmo Party Supplies and Favors
If you plan to use paper tableware and Elmo party supplies, our Suggested Party Supply List may be quite helpful. Please note that you may not need everything on the list; it is intended only as a guide.
In addition to the basic party supplies (paper tableware, a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons) you may also want to consider renting or purchasing the following for your Elmo Party:
- An Elmo Movie, such as “The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland”, “Elmo & Friends – Tales of Adventure”, or “Sesame Street – Elmo Loves You!”
- Elmo Mylar Balloons
- “Sesame Street – The Best of Elmo” CD
- Picture Books
- Blocks, Stuffed Animals, and Other Toddler-Friendly Toys
Send your adorable Elmo party guests home happy! Give one large favor, such as an Elmo CD or DVD, or combine smaller Elmo party favors such as an Elmo zipper pull, bubbles, Elmo stickers, and candy in a nice favor bag. To save time, you may want to consider our complete Elmo Favor Set, which includes a matching favor bag.