High School Musical Party
What better way to celebrate your child's tweenhood than with a High School Musical themed birthday party.
Average User Rating:
Haven't you heard? High School Musical parties are all the rage for tween girls. And these fun and creative High School Musical party ideas (and High School Musical 2 party ideas) – including invitations, High School Musical party decorations, games, party favors, and more – will have all your guests feeling like they’re jamming with Gabriella, Troy, and the rest of the High School Musical crew.
High School Musical Parties Are Best for...
Girls and boys aged six to early tween.
High School Musical Birthday Party Planning
Let us be your High School Musical party planner! For peace of mind, begin planning your High School Musical or High School Musical 2 party bash six to eight weeks in advance. The first thing you will need to decide is where to have the party. You can throw a high-spirited High School Musical Party at home, but if you would rather have the party elsewhere, consider renting a room at a local hotel or recreation center, or inquiring about renting out the gym at your child’s school.
Start gathering supplies as soon as you decide on a venue, including High School Musical party decorations, gifts, and menu items. Planning ahead also gives your guests time to RSVP and make travel plans, if needed. Don't panic if you find yourself short on time; you can still plan a great High School Musical party! Planning ahead simply reduces the risk of conflicts with guests' plans and may increase your party’s attendance.
To simplify the rest of the party planning process, check out our Party Planning Timeline, and read the paragraphs below for information on selecting high school musical party supplies, games, and more for your child's party.
High School Musical Party Invitations
Here are a few creative ideas for your High School Musical party invites:
- Cut the shape of a school locker out of red construction paper and make a slit around three sides of the door so the door swings open. Paste the locker onto another sheet of paper and write all the party details inside the locker door frame. Your guests will have to open the locker to view the invite.
- Cut a piece of construction paper into a triangle with one point longer than the rest. This will resemble a school pennant. Write “Go Wildcats Go!” on one side and all the party details on the other. For a more realistic look, use felt instead of construction paper.
Create a card-style invitation and write “Go! Fight! Win!” on the front. Use creative wording on the inside for your party details such as:
The wildcats are smokin’!
Don’t get in their way!
The wildcats are coming
To [child’s name]’s [age] birthday!
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and tie it to a red and white pom-pom. Hand-deliver or mail them in padded envelopes.
- Purchase small inflatable basketballs. Write the party details on each inflated ball, then deflate them and send them to your guests. They will have fun blowing up the ball to read the party details.
Another great option is to purchase personalized or pre-printed High School Musical party invitations online. We recommend mailing your invitations three to four weeks prior to the party—any sooner and your guests may forget, any later and your guests may already have plans.
High School Musical Party Supplies and Favors
If you plan to use paper tableware for your party, our Suggested Party Supply List may be quite helpful. Please note that you may not need everything on the list; it is intended only as a guide.
Start by stocking up on the basic High School Musical party supplies -- cups, plates, napkins, balloons etc...
You may also want to consider renting or purchasing the following:
- Play microphones or headsets
- Pom-poms (red & white)
For High School Musical party bags, purchase a variety of High School Musical party favors, such as a cool tote for school, ID tags for a backpack or lunch box, tickets to the movie theater to see the new movie, or the DVD of a past High School Musical film. Or, create a favor bag filled with stickers, pencils, stationary, and notebooks.