Nemo Party Ideas
From invitations to party favors, we have all the bases covered so your Nemo party goes swimmingly!
Average User Rating:
Is your child always "Finding Nemo"? Whether her favorite character is Dory, Marlin, Squirt, the seagulls, or Nemo himself, then your little one will just love an under-the-sea bash with our Nemo party ideas.
Boys and girls ages three through seven just love a Finding Nemo party.
Nemo Birthday Party Planning
For peace of mind, begin planning your Nemo birthday party six to eight weeks in advance. Start by choosing a location for your party. You can hold your Nemo party at home and easily incorporate your decorations, activities, and food to fit your theme. If you want to hold your party somewhere else, consider an aquarium or water park. You could also host the party outdoors and rent a projector to watch the movie "Finding Nemo" on the side of a house or building.
Once you've decided on a location, it's time to gather all the supplies that you need, including Finding Nemo party decorations, gifts, and menu items. Planning ahead also gives your guests time to RSVP and make travel plans, if needed. Don't panic if you find yourself short on time; you can still plan a great party! Planning ahead simply reduces the risk of conflicts with guests' plans and may increase your party’s attendance.
Finding Nemo Party Invitations
What better way to get in the party spirit than with homemade Nemo party invitations? Here are some creative ideas for making them:
- Print out movie stills from the ‘Finding Nemo’ movie and write your party details directly on the photo. Each guest can have a different scene!
- Fold a piece of orange cardstock in half. Cut out the shape of a clownfish so the card still holds together at the top. Use strips of white cardstock as the fish’s stripes and draw on the details with black marker. Write your party details inside.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a fish-shaped cookie cutter or straw. Send them in padded envelopes.
- Purchase seashells at a craft store, or collect them on the beach and wash and dry them thoroughly. Write your party details on the shells and send them in highly padded envelopes, or hand deliver them to your guests.
Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Where’s Nemo? He’s lost again!
Come help find him with your friends!
It’s [birthday child’s name]’s Nemo birthday bash,
And it’s going to be such a blast!
Short on time? Purchase ready-made Finding Nemo party invitations. You can buy them blank, pre-printed, or personalized!
Finding Nemo Party Supplies and Favors
If you plan to use paper tableware and Finding Nemo party supplies, our Suggested Party Supply List may be quite helpful. Please note that you may not need everything on the list; it is intended only as a guide.
You can stick with the basics, or add other items to fit your theme. For example, for a Nemo Party, you may also want to consider renting or purchasing the following:
- The ‘Finding Nemo’ Movie (Rated G)
- Fish-Shaped Mylar Balloons
- Bubble Machine
- Clownfish Pinata
Don't forget to stock up on party favors so you can send your guests home happy! A fun idea for this theme is to place fish-shaped bath toys in a bag full of water to resemble the live fish you purchase at a pet store. Or, combine smaller Nemo party favors such as a fish-shaped cookie cutter, a small box of chocolate turtles, stickers and bubbles in a nice favor bag.