Your 6- Week Party Countdown
Get ready for your big bash with this step-by-step guide to the six weeks before your party.
Step one: 6-weeks before
- Decide on the number of guests and develop a guest list.
- If the party will be held outside your home, select a location.
- Choose a date and time.
- Choose a party theme.
- If using an entertainer, call to book entertainer.
Step two: 3 to 4 weeks before
- Prepare and mail invitations. You can easily purchase personalized or pre-printed invitations from Birthday in a Box.
Step three: 1 week before
- Decide on the order of activities. Check out over 400 party game ideas from Birthday in a Box.
- Try any games or activities with which you are unfamiliar.
- Check out any books or tapes you'll be borrowing from the library.
Step four: 2-3 days ahead
- Call any guests who have not responded.
- Shop for groceries or other food being served.
- Purchase any candy for party favors/grab bags or pinata.
- Put favors together.
- Prepare (copy, cut out, etc.) any crafts that can be done ahead.
- Get your camera ready and get film or batteries if necessary.
- Be sure you have matches for candles.
- Bake any cookies or treats that can be made ahead.