A Rock Star Party
Decorating and Menu Ideas
Average User Rating:
Decorating & Menu Ideas
Set the stage with these fun rock star party decorating ideas:
- Have your guests come to the party dressed as their favorite music stars.
- Fill the room with inflatable guitars and other rock-star party decorations.
- Run a “red carpet” up to your door using a roll of red gift wrap paper.
- Draw a star for each guest on the driveway using chalk, and write one child's name in each star.
- Hang a sign on your front door saying “Rock Concert Tonight—Sold Out!”
- Use our personalized rock star bag tags from Birthday in a Box as “Backstage Passes”, and mail them with the invitations or hand one to each guest as they arrive. (Our sister site, Birthday in a Box, can print a tag for each of your guests that says “[guest name]'s Backstage Pass" or they can put a generic message on all of the tags you order.)
- Create a stage area where your guests can sing and/or dance. First, get a plain white sheet to use as the background, and paint on huge speakers. Then, hang the sheet on the wall, and outline it with clear lights. Or, just designate the floor space in front of your windows as the stage area. Then all you need to do is close the curtains and hang a string of clear lights around the window frame.
- Balloons and more balloons will really set the mood! A group of star-shaped balloons can anchor each corner of the stage area. Or, mix metallic and/or colorful balloons, and place them in groups of five around the party space. You can either tie the balloons to objects in the party area or attach them to balloon weights.
- Hang posters of bands or singers around the party space.
- Write your guests’ names on stars, and hang them on the walls or from the ceiling.
- Set up a dressing room area, and let the kids “glam” themselves up with glitter hair spray, hair gel, stick-on body jewels and temporary tattoos. For older kids, add make-up and body glitter.
- Hand out glow sticks for that “live concert” feeling.
- Set out a few disposable cameras so your guests can take pictures during the party. They’re sure to get some great shots.
- Rent a flashing disco ball, strobe lights and/or black lights for added fun.
Concert Style Snacks
Serve fun snacks that your guests might find at a real concert, like:
- Chicken Wings or Chicken Tenders
- French Fries Served in Stadium Cups
- Pizza or Pizza Rolls
- Popcorn Served in Individual Bags
Here are a few more treat ideas to round out your menu:
- Fill a fondue pot with melted chocolate, and serve it with cut up fruit, pretzel rods, marshmallows, or cubes of angel food cake. Have plenty of wooden kabob skewers on hand for dipping.
- Pour sparkling juice into plastic champagne glasses.
- Serve a star-shaped cake, and pipe on words like “You’re a Star” or “Rock n’ Roll”.