Decorating and Menu Ideas
Average User Rating:
Set The Mood at Your Teen Spa Party
Whether it's a day spa party or a slumber spa party, here's how to turn your home into a relaxing spa...
- Use streamers and balloons in feminine colors -- pink, lavender, turquoise, etc... Twirl streamers together and hang them throughout the party area, or use them to form a canopy over the party table, forming a bow in the middle. Cluster the balloons in bunches of three, and attach them to balloon weights and/or chairs throughout the spa party area.
- Let your party guests embrace their teen- or tween-hood by creating your own beauty stations in the party area and pampering your spa party guests.
- What's more spa party than an eye mask? Try hanging a spa party mask on each guest's chair around the party table. Alternatively, or in addition to actual eye masks, you can create mask-shaped placemats using craft paper. Or you can draw cartoon faces wearing eye masks, facemasks, and cucumbers on their eyes on poster board, cut out the pictures, and hang them on the walls of the party area.
- Hang spa party banners throughout the party area.
- Trace your child's feet, color the toes with bright marker to look like nail polish, cut out the feet, and use them as a wall decoration.
- Make spa item clusters. Fill your tabletops throughout the party area with towels, washcloths, nail polish, nail files, nail brushes, bottles of lotion, oil, and shampoos, hairspray, hairbrushes, face wash etc...
If you have access to a pool, you can incorporate some relaxing swim time into the spa experience. Fold towels for each guest, and lay them out by the pool. This is a great "filler" activity if you have extra time at the end of the party, or if you need time to set something up between other activities.
Spa Party Cake: Beauty Mask Style
Bake a round cake. Ice it completely with a white, light yellow or tan base frosting (this will be the "skin" of the face), and then use a different color frosting or red licorice string to add lips and a nose. For the eyes, you can use green frosting to draw cucumber slices, or you can place actual cucumber slices on the cake—just be sure to take them off before serving! Draw eyebrows over the cucumbers using brown or black frosting, or black licorice string. To add "skin cream," sprinkle powdered sugar all around the face and forehead, outlining the facial features (e.g. lips, nose, eyes, etc.).
Snacks for Spa Parties
Here are some creative ideas for spa-themed treats:
- Sandwich Triangles - Make several Peanut butter and jelly and cream cheese and jelly sandwiches on soft, white bread. Cut the crust off of each sandwich, and then cut the sandwiches diagonally to create triangles. To dress them up a little bit more, stick a decorative toothpick in each sandwich, and stack them on a fancy silver or ceramic platter.
- Fantastic Fruit Punch - Make a batch of our Fantastic Fruit Punch, and serve it in a large, glass punch bowl. You may also want other beverages on hand, such as soda and juice, in case any of your guests aren't fruit punch fans.
Petit Fours - These tiny treats are a dainty addition to any party. You can either purchase a selection of petit fours from a local French bakery, or you can easily make your own by baking a sheet cake, cutting out little circles, squares, and diamonds using cookie cutters, and icing the shapes in different colors using the recipe below.
Petit Four Icing
- 2 Pounds of Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Cream
- Food Coloring
Boil water in the bottom half of a double boiler, and place all of the ingredients in the top half. Continuously stir the ingredients until they form a smooth mixture. Divide the icing into three or four bowls, and add a few drops of food coloring to each to create icing in several colors. Using a toothpick, dip the shaped pieces of cake, one-at-a-time, into the colored icing, and then twirl them gently so that the cakes are coated evenly. Set the cakes on a piece of wax paper to dry, and top them with slices of fruit, bits of grated chocolate, or pieces of marzipan candy.