Steps five to seven
Average User Rating:
In this article:
Step five: The day before
- Clean party area. Put away items that are dangerous or distracting to the main events.
- Bake or pick up cake.
- If ordering food, it's a good idea to call and organize the day before.
- If necessary, confirm any entertainers or helpers.
- Sit with your child to discuss his or her expectations for the party.
- For younger children, if you're going to open gifts during the party, you may want to practice opening gifts and saying, "Thank you."
Step six: 4- 5 hours ahead
- Set table and decorate.
- Put candles in cake and place matches nearby.
- Get balloons filled.
- Tie some balloons to the mailbox or front porch so people can identify the party spot easily.
- Place crafts and prizes near the activity locations.
- Locate paper and pencil for recording gifts (and thank-you's).
Step seven: 1-2 hours ahead
- Consider putting any pets in an area away from the guests.
- Get birthday child and siblings dressed.
- Set up food and let your child help as much as possible.
- Set up first activity.
Have a great party!